“If you change only one life through your writing — and that life is your own — then it has been enough.”
We are all creative beings, yet how often do we give ourselves the time to nurture our creative lives? It is essential to nourish these energies in order to live a more engaged, fulfilled life. The practices of mindfulness meditation and gentle yoga can profoundly support this journey, by helping you:
- Release mental clutter and clear “writer’s block.”
- Experience a calmer space of consciousness, which often allows for fresh inspiration.
- Quiet down your inner critic, which can often impede your creativity and your sense of self-worth.
- Turn inward and tap into your authentic voice, that which you have to uniquely contribute to the world ~ without being pulled in so many directions from the outside.
- Release attachment to the results of your creative work.
Along the way, you will learn the most powerful and fundamental techniques to craft more vivid, compelling writing — whether you want to be the next great American novelist or share your life story with friends and family. As a former university professor of creative writing and current yoga teacher and author, Melissa Carroll blends guided meditations, gentle yoga videos suitable for all levels, and specific writing exercises. You will learn to create more striking images, carve out clichéd phrases, and make your writing come to life.
No experience with writing, meditation or yoga necessary; simply a desire to hone your writing skills, whether you want to pen the next great novel, write poetry, or record your life story for your family.
This course includes a workbook, video lessons, 4 gentle yoga classes, and guided meditations to help you develop stronger writing and discover contentment along the way.